Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Wakim Responds to Democratic Smear Campaign

“For those of you who are not aware, over the last few days, Alan Mollohan and his Democratic cronies have launched a despicable attack on my honor and on my integrity. He has called into question whether or not I have a Master’s Degree from Harvard (which I do) and my military service record. I am making the records for both my education and my military service available for any and all to see.

“Alan Mollohan’s campaign tactics match his finances: dishonorable and underhanded. For a politician like Alan Mollohan, who has spent his time as a public servant lining his pockets with laundered taxpayer money, to question my integrity is beyond the pale.

“I earned my Master’s Degree from Harvard University at night while serving my country as an active duty infantry officer during the day, and any attempt by Alan Mollohan or his cronies to discredit that achievement is disgraceful. Anyone who would like to come to Wheeling and take a picture of me with the diploma that I received from Harvard is cordially invited to do so.

“Alan Mollohan has also attempted to claim that I have lied about my military service and that I am not a veteran. I am not a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and I have never claimed to be. During the Persian Gulf War, I served as an active duty infantry officer and according to the law, that makes me a Veteran of the Persian Gulf War.

“Along with so many of my brothers-in-arms, I served our country honorably for 11 years as an active duty infantry officer, and as a result of that service I suffered a broken back, crushed elbow and a reconstructed knee. For him to attack my honor in such a despicable way is an attack on the honor of all who served our country in uniform.

“Alan Mollohan’s attempt to discredit my record is nothing but a dirty political smoke screen to try to cover up the fact that he has spent years in public office lining his pockets with taxpayer dollars and that he is under investigation by the FBI.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What students would learn in American schools above all is the religion of Jesus Christ."

George Washington (1789-97)

8/28/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wakim is embellishing his resume a little. Wakim had referred to himself as a veteran of the Persian Gulf War in the early 1990s. Because he trained infantry in Massachusetts during the conflict and did not serve overseas, he is a Gulf War-era veteran. Wakim also said that he received a master’s degree in public policy from Harvard University, when he actually received a master’s in liberal arts from Harvard’s extension school, an associated program with less rigorous admission standards.
Go to Roll Call's website for confirmation.

9/05/2006 07:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home